Thursday 3 December 2009

Graffiti

You see so much of it around these days, well "tagging" where someone with no imagination sprays a couple of initials to leave their mark. This I would say is tantamount to vandalism. However, I do have an appreciation for someone who has taken their time and been a little more creative.


I took the first photo a couple of months ago and the following day it had been painted over, the building behind it is now being demolished so I do wonder the point of wasting man hours and paint for boxes which will undoubtedly be repositioned!



I was until recently unimpressed with the craze of stenciling because I felt it was a quick win for a graffitist and put them in the category of taggers. I am slowly being won over by the imaginative work and places there are appearing.


1 comment:

  1. The stencil art has quickly become a cliche for lazy art students, but it's still a whole lot better than JEZ 4 KAT or whatever other rubbish is normally spray painted in underpasses.

    ReplyDelete